Summary of Qualifications
- Award-winning recent graduate with Bachelor's degree in English with minor in History.
- Solid grasp of AP style, grammar, editing, creative writing, and digital photography.
- Seventeen months experience editing, paginating, and writing for weekly student newspaper.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, web design, social media, and related technologies.
- Reliable, courteous, and professional employee with consummate eye for detail.
B.A., English, Minor in History, May 2010: Cumberland University, Lebanon, TN
A.S., University Studies, May 2007: Volunteer State Community College, Gallatin, TN
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude. 4.0 GPA. Valedictorian of Cumberland University Class of 2010.
- Honors: English Award, 2010; Cale Young Rice Award, 2009; Research Award in English, 2009; History Associates of Wilson County Award, 2008. Photography exhibited in 2009 Photography Show.
- Activities: Member of Sigma Tau Delta & Alpha Chi, Co-Editor and Staff Writer for Cumberland Chronicle, student newspaper, and Poetry Editor for Lyre of the Phoenix, student literary journal.
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude. 4.0 GPA.
- Honors: Dean's List. Graphic design work exhibited in 2007 Vol. State Student Art Show.
- Activities: Member and Acting Secretary of Phi Theta Kappa.
Library Assistant, January 2010-Present
Doris & Harry Vise Library, Cumberland University, Lebanon, TN
Data Entry / File Clerk, October 2007-Present
- Process interlibrary loan (ILL) requests, process mail and periodicals, maintain stacks, prepare periodicals for binding, design newsletters and displays, and serve at circulation desk.
- Key accomplishments: designed library newsletter, signs, and promotional pamphlets, created library wiki, overhauled current issue shelves, streamlined ILL, and designed library tote bag and shirts.
Gallatin Family Practice Center, Gallatin, TN
Work Study Aide, January 2008-May 2009
- File, maintain, and digitize medical records into electronic database and handle outgoing and incoming online and print medical records requests.
- Key accomplishments: digitized all on-site medical records from before 2005, prepared new patient and agreement forms, and designed fax and mailing materials for medical records requests.
Cumberland University, Lebanon, TN
Writing Judge, March 2009, March 2010
- Performed light clerical tasks and paperwork, kept records, graded papers, created quizzes, edited schedules, and handled student paper proposals.
Tennessee District Assemblies of God, Lebanon, TN
- Served as adjudicator for district/regional Writing Division of 2009 and 2010 National Fine Arts Festivals.
- Graded poetry, short story, and book chapter selections for merit, grammar, and message and decided final entries into state categories.
Volunteer Work & Personal Experience
Co-Editor and Staff Writer, January 2008-May 2009
Cumberland Chronicle, Cumberland University, Lebanon, TN
Poetry Editor, March 2009
- Edited, designed, wrote for, and distributed student newspaper.
- Wrote two weekly columns (political news; film reviews) and miscellaneous copy as needed.
- Often helped shaped newspaper from conception to publishing-wrote copy, editing, paginated, and hand-distributed finished product.
Lyre of the Phoenix, Cumberland University, Lebanon, TN
Web Designer / Graphic Designer, 1999-Present
- Edited and selected verse submissions for 2009 edition of student literary journal and provided feedback to advising professor.
Numerous websites and materials, Gallatin, TN
- Designed, coded, supported, and implemented websites and documents (see Design website portfolio).
- Fully designed, coded, and implemented a number of websites.
- Gained proficiency with numerous applications and languages (see Technical Skills).
- Software: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, FrontPage, Publisher, Paint Shop Pro.
- Databases: eClinicalWorks, Surpass ILS, CAMS.
- Online Publishing/Marketing: Blogging (WordPress, etc.), social media (Twitter, etc.), Web. 2.0 concepts.